Friday, 27 April 2018

Tech leads market rally, ECB sees “solid” growth

Markets rose on Thursday.

The S&P 500 rose 1.0 percent, the STOXX Europe 600 rose 0.9 percent and the Nikkei 225 rose 0.5 percent.

Tech stocks led the market rally in the US on Thursday, with the S&P 500 tech sector surging 2.3 percent.

“While I’m not comfortable with market valuations overall, tech still looks relatively inexpensive,” said Paul Nolte, portfolio manager at Kingsview Asset Management.

The ECB left interest rates unchanged at its monetary policy meeting on Thursday.

ECB president Mario Draghi told a news conference after the meeting that “growth is expected to remain solid and broad-based”.

Indeed, Richard Bernstein, CEO of Richard Bernstein Advisors, told CNBC that investors should position themselves for rising inflation.

However, Bernstein did not see a reason to be bearish yet.

“We're not at the point where the number of bad things overwhelms the number of good things” he said. “For now, I think it'll pay to stay bullish.”

1 comment:

Appsinsight said...

Really informative article! I went through the entire piece and found plenty of useful information about this niche. A few points especially caught my attention, and I’d appreciate more detailed explanations around them. I’m looking forward to reading more interesting and insightful blogs on AppsInsight. Great work, and keep it going!
Picnob Alternatives: Find the Best Tools for Your Needs

Apps Like Qudo You Should Try for Instant Connections

Best Snapchat Friend Finder Apps You Must Try

Best Tubi Alternatives to Watch Free Movies and TV Shows

Best Later Alternatives: Top Visual Social Media Schedulers

Buffer Alternatives for Effortless Social Media Scheduling

Best Publer Alternatives: Top Social Media Tools Compared

OneUp Alternatives: Top Competitors Compared

Post a Comment