The S&P 500 rose 0.6 percent last week, ending just off a record high.
However, some analysts are warning that the strong run in equities may be close to an end.
“There’s a huge amount of froth in the marketplace right now much like we’ve seen in other important tops of the market that only became obvious in hindsight,” Miller Tabak chief market strategist Matt Maley said on CNBC last Thursday.
Maley cited red flags like “the meme stocks which are flying ... SPACs that are going crazy here ... a stock market that’s very, very expensive, and a market that is overbought”.
Gina Sanchez, chief market strategist at Lido Advisors and CEO of Chantico Global, suggested that investors look out for catalysts that could prompt a downturn.
“The first catalyst I see is just the fact that we have priced in very strong expectations,” Sanchez said. The strong expectations leave room for disappointment.
“The second and more important catalyst I’m looking for is when the liquidity starts to get dialed in and stepped out of the market. When that happens, I think that’s when you could have a real potential correction,” said Sanchez.
1 comment:
Great sharing! There’s a lot of knowledge packed into this article, and I found several points really useful. Some topics could definitely be explored in more detail, which would make the article even more valuable. I’ll be reading more blogs on AppsInsight to discover similar insights. Keep sharing such informative content!
Picnob Alternatives: Find the Best Tools for Your Needs
Apps Like Qudo You Should Try for Instant Connections
Best Snapchat Friend Finder Apps You Must Try
Best Tubi Alternatives to Watch Free Movies and TV Shows
Best Later Alternatives: Top Visual Social Media Schedulers
Buffer Alternatives for Effortless Social Media Scheduling
Best Publer Alternatives: Top Social Media Tools Compared
OneUp Alternatives: Top Competitors Compared
Post a Comment